Re: Alioth list for packagaing mails

Em Ter, 2004-01-06 às 10:57, Joachim Breitner escreveu:
> as HE pointed out, if we indeed enter debian-perl@lists.debian.org in
> the Maintainer field for our packages, and we have a lot of packages,
> then debian-perl might get a little too flooded by all kinds of
> package-related mails. The gnome team has
> pkg-gnome-maintainers@lists.alitoh.debian.org, we could do the same
> thing. Any comments?

Seems ok to me.

> In my previous mail, I said the uploader should put himself into the
> changelog. This is actually not needed, he should rather use
> dpkg-buildpakge -k<his keyid> to build the package, and the person in
> the changelog should be listed in "Uploaders:" (otherwise it would be a
> NMU).

ok also.

> We also have to think about how we treat the debian revisions. When HE
> changed the package a bit, he added a new entry to debian/changelog,
> thus bumping the debian revision to -2 and tagged it
> debian_version_0_71-2. I'd rather add lines to the current
> debian/changelog  entry, retag the sources (cvs tag -F
> debian_version_0_71-1), and only bump the debian revision if we have
> released a version.

I think we could work the way cvs-buildpackage does...

When an upstream version is dumped into cvs, the files (the orig, not
debian control files) should be tagged as "upstream_version_0_71" then
all the files (including debian control files) should be tagged as
"debian_version_0_71-1" "...-2" "...-3". For each debian revision. and
yes, the debian_version tag should only be made when there is a release
to be done.

In the case above (nomeata quote), there is no need to move the tag
debian_version_0_71-1, just create a new tag debian_version_0_71_2.

> This mail is a request for comments, so comment! :-)

Here's mine