Re: perl 5.8 questions/comments

Brendan O'Dea wrote:
> >The following packages will be REMOVED:
> >  apt-src frozen-bubble frozen-bubble-lib grepmail libapt-pkg-perl
> >  libdigest-md5-perl libhtml-parser-perl libhtml-tree-perl libmime-base64-perl
> >  libnet-perl libsdl-perl libterm-readline-gnu-perl libtime-hires-perl
> >  libwww-perl
> >
> >And will be happy to NMU them in if requested.
>
> I'll be uploading libapt-pkg-perl sometime today.
>
> Don't bother about libdigest-md5-perl, libmime-base64-perl, libnet-perl
> or libtime-hires-perl as all of these are now part of perl.
>
> Feel free to NMU anything else (if the maintainer objects I can always
> remove the package from the staging area before dumping the rest into
> incoming).

Done: libhtml-parser-perl, libterm-readline-gnu-perl, sdlperl,
      libapt-pkg-perl (i386 build), frozen-bubble (upload in progress)

I think that's enough to let me install perl 5.8 outside the chroot on
my laptop.. Oh, and frozen-bubble works great. :-)

I will be happy to NMU any perl XS modules anyone asks me to, though
testing would be minimal for most. I hope we can get all the important
packages done this week.

--
see shy jo