Re: WARNING! (was: Re: New Perl Packages Released)

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 11:21:51AM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 10:00:06AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> > polya:~ # apt-get dist-upgrade
>> > Reading Package Lists... Done
>> > Building Dependency Tree... Done
>> > [...]
>> > 56 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 93 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
>> > Need to get 47.3MB of archives. After unpacking 109MB will be freed.
>> > Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
>> > Abort.
>> > polya:~ #
[...]
>Could be.  If someone tells me what to look for, I'll do so.  But this
>definitely needs fixing sometime real soon.

As I mentioned in another message, I was getting similar behaviour when
attempting to have perl conflict/replace/provide libpod-parser-perl.

I spoke to the apt maintainer, who suggested that it may be the result
of a bug in the current apt-get.

Making a small change perl's `Suggests' line has corrected that issue,
and I am hoping will also resolve this case (where perl-5.004* packages
are installed).

Version 5.6.0-19 should be ready for the next dinstall run, so please
try that and let me know if it resolves the problem.

Regards,
--
Brendan O'Dea                                        bod@compusol.com.au
Compusol Pty. Limited                  (NSW, Australia)  +61 2 9810 3633