Re: Installing files in blib/lib into architecture dependent...

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:50:50 -0700, John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu> said:

>   Files found in blib/arch --> Installing files in blib/lib \
>   into architecture dependend library tree!
[...]
>      1) Is this behavior due to L. Wall, Debian perl installation, pdl
>         authors, or me (maybe I set a Makefile variable incorrectly) ?

This is the way the upstream Perl distribution now behaves.

>      2)  Should I try to make pdl conform to this installation, or
>          change the installation to conform with pdl ?

The former.  This behavior is important and not accidental.  It's meant
to allow you to install (possibly multiple version of) a module with
*.so components with multiple versions of perl on the same system.

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick@argon.org