Re: Updating outreach-team policy related to internship-like programs

On Mon, 2022-03-28 at 22:19 +0530, Abhijith PA wrote:

> I agree. I also want to see something like this from the interns.
>
> IMO, a well written summary mail/blog at the end of the program is
> more likely to be read by the community than timely reports.

Glad you agree :)

> Also to note, during debconf there is a slot for GSoC/Outreachy
> interns to present their work. I couldn't see anything about this
> in policy but its happening every year. So interns work is not
> something that exist only in outreach circle as you mentioned

Yes, this definitely should be in the policy, but optional in case of
interns who aren't comfortable with travel (they could record video
though) or presenting in front of an audience (video might help too).
There are also regional Debian mini-conferences they could present at
and external conferences like FOSDEM where some projects could be
appropriate to talk about. So I would suggest the policy be flexible
about conference presentations, but recommend at least one talk at the
most appropriate conference and or the closest conference to the
internship season or even just an online recording.

> Ok. If there are no objections from others, we can ask interns (or
> mentors) to publish from this year.

Thanks!

--
bye,