Re: [GSoC Report] Week 4 - Systemd Unit Translator
On 7/1/20 1:18 PM, Benda Xu wrote:
> Good, looks like you are back on track. Please do a comprehensive
> test on _all_ the .unit, .socket, .timer files on /lib/systemd/system
> of your Debian system, and report back the success ratio of the
> conversion, hopefully in 2 days.
Here is the data after testing:
Excluded: All LSB scripts and systemd components such as
networkd, volatile-root, etc
Successfully starting: 34
Common failure patterns:
- Translation failure:
- Missing ExecStart in services like
depends on a mount unit and runs a `rm -rf` in an ExecStop
- Special executable prefixes like `-` or `!!` which convey
with regards to error handling or special systemd behaviour
`AmbientCapabilities` which haven't been handled yet.
- Failure to start because of special start / stop
- Failure to start because of an environment file reference
translator doesn't handle yet.
- Failure to start because of `.target` hasn't been met as the
handles network and dbus for now.
Currently all socket units under Debian's `/lib/systemd/system`
on a filesystem socket which xinetd doesn't support. xinetd
works over TCP /
UDP. Further work is needed.
- Currently the translator handles Calendar special _expression_
- The four failed translations are because of the units
following a format not
handled by the translator such as: Thu,Fri 2012-*-1,5 11:12:13