Re: GSOC and Debian - urgent action

Hi Norbert,
We are applying for GSoC 2020 and are on track to complete the
application for the same on time.

We (Outreach team) are also planning to have a meeting this week to
decide on further steps and to announce a call for projects/proposals.

Due to interim planning and discussion, we weren't able to give a firm
response earlier.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 1:42 AM Norbert Preining <norbert@preining.info> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> It seems that this years GSoC participation got stuck. I heard from a
> colleague who attended FOSDEM that Debian's application might not be
> done.
>
> I inquired - as did Andreas (in recipient) - to debian-outreach list,
> and there was one response from Jaminy "decision was finalized" but no
> further response onto my inquiry.
>
> Since Andreas seemingly, and me for sure have some GSoC projects, I
> would love to see a Debian participation.
>
> If the outreach team has problem submitting the application in time, I
> can take over this task and submit an application, but we need to decide
> on this ***VERY*** ***URGENTLY*** since the deadline is only 2 days
> away.
>
> Please, outreach team, let us hear the current status, and let us help
> you if you need help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Norbert
>
> --
> PREINING Norbert                               http://www.preining.info
> Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev
> GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0 ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13

Pranav Jain