GSOC and Debian - urgent action

Dear all,

It seems that this years GSoC participation got stuck. I heard from a
colleague who attended FOSDEM that Debian's application might not be
done.

I inquired - as did Andreas (in recipient) - to debian-outreach list,
and there was one response from Jaminy "decision was finalized" but no
further response onto my inquiry.

Since Andreas seemingly, and me for sure have some GSoC projects, I
would love to see a Debian participation.

If the outreach team has problem submitting the application in time, I
can take over this task and submit an application, but we need to decide
on this ***VERY*** ***URGENTLY*** since the deadline is only 2 days
away.

Please, outreach team, let us hear the current status, and let us help
you if you need help.

Thanks

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev