Work for Debian

Hello Sir/Ma'am,
I am a first year Computer Science Engineering student from India.
I have lot of interest in programming, though until now I have just studies JAVA & C's fundamentals whereas I am currently studying Python to work on Open Source.

The way of reaching you out which I found the best is the Google Summer of Code.
I would like to be an intern for any of your project through GSoC.

So as GSoC is very far from this date I thought of working out on few of the practices which I was expecting from the mentors or authority concerned.

Kindly guide me through the process.

Thanking You

Yours Sincerely

Naman Joshi