Re: final upload to Google: trial run

Could someone from the outreach team approve the merge requests ?
https://salsa.debian.org/outreach-team/intern-work-products/merge_requests

Thanks

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 4:48 PM 殷啟聰 | Kai-Chung Yan <seamlikok@gmail.com> wrote:
> - each student creates a script to build your work product tarball.  If
> you committed patches to an existing project you need to create a script
> that extracts all the patches committed by you.  If you are the only
> committer in the repository or if all your contributions are under a
> single directory you can just make a tarball of the whole repository or
> directory.

In our project students work on updating / creating multiple Debian packages, so we might not really need to upload the all those tarballs there. They can simply write down the links to the Salsa repositories, links to <tracker.debian.org> pages, and maybe the upload notice like <https://tracker.debian.org/news/969349/accepted-android-platform-external-libselinux-810r23-1-source-amd64-into-experimental-experimental> which clearly states the names of the students.

A script for building the packages might not be needed as how to build a Debian package is quite conventional inside this community. Quoting the submission guide, "If your work is 100% complete, they should be able to use it." In our case building them won't be usable yet, not until it's uploaded to the Debian Archive.

Unfortunately not all packages managed to be uploaded by now because of some blockers in the NEW queue, they may need to also post a snippet of `git log --author=XXX` that shows all their commits. Salsa/GitLab does not support filtering commits based on authors yet, so we have to do this by hand (or by script).

> - create a directory in a repository on Salsa somewhere in the Outreach
> space, maybe we can call it "intern-work-products" repository under here:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/outreach-team/
>
> Maybe we use a subdirectory pattern such as this for each student:
>
>   2018/gsoc/your_login-guest/work-product.zip
>   2018/outreachy/your_login-guest/work-product.zip
>>
> - in the same directory you put the script for building your work
> product and a small text file with the following:
>
> wiki: https://wiki.debian.org/Student
> work-product-script: zip-my-commits.sh
> work-product: work-product.tar.gz
> email: student@example.org
> IRCnick: student123
> repo: https://salsa.debian.org/foo
> repo: https://github.com/foo
> blog: https://student-blog.whatever
> report1: https://lists.debian.org/debian-outreach/.........
> report2: .......

Is this just a drill? If so I will encourage our students post everything on their own Debian Wiki page and then submit the link to it to the final evaluation. Otherwise they can just make merge requests on the repository.

Cheers,
Kai-Chung Yan