Re: selecting Debian mentors for the mentor summit

Hi everybody,

I am interested in attending 2018 mentor summit.

Regards,
Urvika

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 3:22 AM, Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:

Hi all,

Google has announced the mentor summit will be held on 12-14 October 2018

Debian can choose two mentors who will be fully funded to attend.
Officially, Google allocated USD 2,200 for Debian to pay their flights
and visas but if the cost is more than that mentors can request top-up
funding from the DPL. just like any other proposed travel and the DPL
will advise if Debian is willing to pay the difference.

In the past, Debian has given priority to mentors who never attended the
summit before.  If anybody (including students) would like to make
suggestions about alternatives or enhancements to this algorithm, please
do so, the existing algorithm is not set in stone.

Personally, I've attended twice and will not be volunteering to go this
year but I believe it is a good place to meet people from many other
communities.  I'd encourage anybody who is interested to reply on this
thread.

Regards,

Daniel