final upload to Google: trial run

Hi everybody,

In August, every student needs to make an upload of code to Google.
This is a mandatory requirement to pass GSoC.

I would propose that we do a trial run next week as described below.  If
anybody wants to propose an alternative way to do this or if you saw
other communities doing this please comment.

- each student creates a script to build your work product tarball.  If
you committed patches to an existing project you need to create a script
that extracts all the patches committed by you.  If you are the only
committer in the repository or if all your contributions are under a
single directory you can just make a tarball of the whole repository or
directory.

- create a directory in a repository on Salsa somewhere in the Outreach
space, maybe we can call it "intern-work-products" repository under here:

https://salsa.debian.org/outreach-team/

Maybe we use a subdirectory pattern such as this for each student:

  2018/gsoc/your_login-guest/work-product.zip
  2018/outreachy/your_login-guest/work-product.zip

- in the same directory you put the script for building your work
product and a small text file with the following:

wiki: https://wiki.debian.org/Student
work-product-script: zip-my-commits.sh
work-product: work-product.tar.gz
email: student@example.org
IRCnick: student123
repo: https://salsa.debian.org/foo
repo: https://github.com/foo
blog: https://student-blog.whatever
report1: https://lists.debian.org/debian-outreach/.........
report2: .......

Does anybody want to share examples of Git commands useful for
extracting the commits?

This trial run will serve two purposes:

- help students focus on the final work product for Google

- admins can make a sanity check and inform mentors in advance if any
project is falling short of expectations

Regards,

Daniel