Re: final upload to Google: trial run

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 11:35 AM Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:
In August, every student needs to make an upload of code to Google.
This is a mandatory requirement to pass GSoC.

In the case of my students, it is easy to track all their work because they
have worked on separate repositories (created just for GSoC), and 99%
of the latest commits there are from them (with a few commits from the mentors).

For example, for the EasyGnuPG project, one can track all the commits
from this simple link:
 - https://github.com/EasyGnuPG/pgpg/commits?author=diveshuttam

Another link that is very useful for tracking the history of the work is this
one:
 - https://github.com/EasyGnuPG/pgpg/issues?q=author:diveshuttam
Besides all the issues, it also shows all the pull requests from this
author (it turns out that pull requests in GitHub are just a special kind
of issues). Being able to track pull requests is very useful because they
also include comments and discussions about the code (between student
and mentors).

For my students I would suggest that they just send a final detailed report to this list,
including the links above and any other relevant links (to blogs, weekly reports,
documentation etc.), including as well a general description on work done,
problems that were solved, etc.

Then they can submit to GSoC the URL of this message (from the public archive).
This is also considered acceptable and good practice by GSoC team
(see: https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/help/work-product)

Regards,
Dashamir

I would propose that we do a trial run next week as described below.  If
anybody wants to propose an alternative way to do this or if you saw
other communities doing this please comment.