GSoC weekly report of Distro Tracker Improvements

Hello,

Name: Arthur Del Esposte
Project: Improving Distro Tracker to better support Debian Teams [1]

My initial plan was to first integrate all the data from the packages that were presented in the PET and then create the various forms to present them on the team page.

Thus, I've been discussing with my mentors Lucas Kanashiro and Raphael Hertzog about the information on the packages we would like to present on the team page. Following the Hertzog's advice and after studying the models of the Distro Tracker better, we notice that there is already enough information with which we can work. If we need more data in the future we will have to add them to the system data import Tasks.

So, this week I focused on building the views of packages' information on the team page. In summary, we defined that  rather than just presenting the package information of a team through static and predefined tables, we want to allow the customization of these tables, both by third-party applications (since distro tracker are extensible for specific distros, such as Debian, Ubuntu, and Kali) and by users themselves.

Therefore, a considerable part of this work consisted in the design and development of an initial version to provide customizable table of packages for teams page. I've already created a MR [2] with my proposal to achieve this goal intending to get an early feedback. Hertzog has provided several insgiths and pointed out required improvements on my proposal.

This week I plan to improve the above proposal and implement a stable, customizable general table of the packages in indivual team pages.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects/ImprovingDistro-trackerToBetterSupportDebianTeams
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/distro-tracker/merge_requests/31
--
Arthur de Moura Del Esposte