Re: managing mentors email lists

Nope. I was just suggesting whether we should adopt Slack so that we can have a more organised conversions, and restrict mails for the most important announcements, as most of us use our general Email Ids now, which can include other conversations as well and some of us may have difficulty using IRC channels.

May be its not in the best interest of our org., and for a open organisation as big as ours it may cause unwanted costs, I guess.

I suggested slack as it is a dedicated platform for managing teams and organisational conversations and I felt its UX will make our work way more easier. I have seen many organisations already using it.

Or may be, someday we can try something like Mattermost to build our own team collaboration tool with these loaded features and use it as our common communication platform.

Thanks,
Balram Pariyarath

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 1:35 AM, Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, Balram Pariyarath wrote:

> is it advisable to create a slack team for Debian Mentors so that we can
> have all conversions regarding our activities there. It'll also serve as a
> asynchronous channel so that if somebody cannot make it at right time, they
> can check back things later. We could maintain a separate channel for
> announcements and different projects so that everything is sorted and
> clear.
You mean an IRC channel. We don't use slack.

Alex