Re: Confirming mentor status for GSoC and/or Outreachy

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 9:14 AM, Pranav Jain <contact@pranavjain.me> wrote:
Dear Mentors,
I am waiting for mentors/co-mentor of following projects to reply to "Confirming mentor status" mail.
  • Automatic builds of clang using OBS
  • EasyGnuPG Improvements
  • Install FreedomBox in a Container
  • OwnMailbox Improvements
  • Recognize Debian-Med contributions via ORCID
  • Virtual LTSP Server
If you are one of the mentor or co-mentor of these project then please reply confirming your status. We are going to have a mentors meeting soon. If in case you did send the mail then please resend it. We might have missed it, sorry.

We have previously moved some projects to "Projects ideas without confirmed mentors" [1] [2] list and would sadly have to do with others too.

Yes of course you have missed it.
It is easy to miss things when you communicate in plain email.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 4:56 PM
Subject: Re: Confirming mentor status for GSoC and/or Outreachy
To: Molly de Blanc <deblanc@riseup.net>
Cc: Sunil Mohan Adapa <sunil@medhas.org>, Parent Pierre <pierre.parent@insa-rouen.fr>

Cc: Sunil Mohan Adapa (mentor)
Cc: Pierre Parent (mentor)

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 7:37 PM, Molly de Blanc <deblanc@riseup.net> wrote:

Additionally, we're looking to plan an IRC meeting to check in with
everyone, using the channel #debian-soc-mentors (pw: dpldance). Please
share your time zone and any times that work well for you. We understand
it will be hard to find a time that works for everyone.

I think that creating a mailing list only for the mentors may be a good idea,
besides the chatroom. The discussion in a mailing list is more structured
and does not have the problem of the time zones.

1. Your name

Dashamir Hoxha

2. Project name

1 - EasyGnuPG Improvements  (mentor, looking for co-mentors)
2 - Virtual LTSP Server (mentor, trying to find another mentor)
3 - Install FreedomBox in a Container (co-mentor, primary mentor: Sunil Mohan Adapa)
4 - Own-Mailbox Improvements (co-mentor, primary mentor: Pierre Parent)

3. Are  you participating in GSoC or Outreachy with more than one
organization?

I have proposed a project idea on Drupal GSoC as well.

4. Your time zone and times that work well for you.

Timezone: UTC+1 (CET)
Times: 08:00 - 22:00 (UTC)

Thanks,
Dashamir

We are so thrilled to have you all as a part of Google Summer of Code
2018and/or Outreachywith Debian.

The student application period has already started and we are doing a
final role call to make sure that all mentors and co-mentors are still
available for their projects.We're asking all mentors to reconfirm by
responding to this email.

Additionally, we're looking to plan an IRC meeting to check in with
everyone, using the channel #debian-soc-mentors (pw: dpldance). Please
share your time zone and any times that work well for you. We understand
it will be hard to find a time that works for everyone.

In your email, please include:

1. Your name
2. Project name
3. Are  you participating in GSoC or Outreachy with more than one
organization?
4. Your time zone and times that work well for you.

Please send the reply by 15th March. On March 16th, we'll remove
projects without confirmed mentors.

We will get back to you soon!

Cheers,

Your friendly Debian Outreach Team