Re: Tools for communication, coordination and project management

So, why not use https://salsa.debian.org/ ?

GitLab is an imitation of GitHub, but not as good as it. GitLab has lacking
features. In particular, GitHub has features for organization management,
including team management and project boards (kanban):
 - https://help.github.com/articles/about-organizations/
 -
https://help.github.com/categories/setting-up-and-managing-organizations-and-teams/
 - https://help.github.com/articles/about-project-boards/

I did not see on salsa anything like these at all, maybe I have missed
them. These features are exactly why I am proposing to use GitHub, and
salsa does not have them at all.
So, why not give GitHub a try?

GitLab has features for for organization management, including team management and project boards (kanban). For example, see https://about.gitlab.com/features/issueboard/ and https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/issue_board.html#group-issue-boards.

Actually, GitLab has more features than GitHub. See https://about.gitlab.com/features/. I really like GitLab Service Desk, https://about.gitlab.com/features/service-desk/, because it allows communication with users that don't have a GitLab account. And you can make issues private when you can't in GitHub. This should be a project decision and not a platform decision.

If some features aren't available in Salsa it is probably because (1) it isn't available in the Community Edition or (2) it was disabled by Salsa admins. So far, GitLab did collaborate with some projects, in special Gnome, to move some features from the Enterprise Edition to the Community Edition. If the feature you need is in the Enterprise Edition I suggest to reach out to GitLab.

Cheers,
Raniere