Re: Kanboard and alternatives for mentoring

Am 21.02.2018 um 14:05 schrieb Antonio Terceiro:
> FTR, gitlab supports kanban boards for repositories where issues are
> enabled. maybe using salsa for kanban boards would be an avenue worth
> exploring instead of maintaining yet another service, since salsa is
> already being maintained anyway.

I didn't know this. Thanks!

https://about.gitlab.com/2017/08/23/issue-boards-anniversary/
provides a useful overview and some screenshots.

Acc. to https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/issue_board.html
the "Multiple Issues Board" (more than one board per "project") seems to
only be available on the "Enterprise Edition".

And more recently: https://about.gitlab.com/features/issueboard/ says
the "Group Issue Board" (Kanban board on a group level) seems to only be
available on the "Enterprise Edition Premium".

If the functionality is not too severely crippled otherwise (or gets
crippled more which is always the risk with "Freemium" products) it
could suffice feature-wise. Read: I read up but did not try anything.

One thing to note is that only "Project owners" can delete issues in
Gitlab
(https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/issues/deleting_issues.html).