Re: GSoC 2018: Broadcast data from GPredict

On 02/20/2018 11:35 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

I'm starting this thread to track contact from potential interns and
mentors for this project in GSoC and Outreachy.

If you are interested as a student or mentor please feel free to reply
on this thread.  Projects won't go ahead without sufficient mentors so
if you or anybody you know may be interested in mentoring that would
help a lot.

Other members of the community are also welcome to reply to individual
students, for example, if you see a student in the city where you live
please feel free to invite them to a local event.

Daniel, others ...

My reply is probably not a response you might expect, because at the moment my Internet access is limited to email only (so I cannot check your wiki for details).

Nevertheless, what I can offer you (and others who might be interested in) is a kind of "mentoring", by means to provide conference presentations on ham radio in education, and academic seminars at various universities (also related to ham radio). In the past, I included introducing GPredict to my audiences since I had installed it in my Debian laptop.

In the near future, I plan to have some presentations for students & teachers at the local university, as well as with pensioners in a local retirement club who had shown interest in ham radio technologies. By the way, since 1.1.2018. I am retired so in times to come I will be more flexible for similar activities (regarding free time only). Financing that is another story.

So if you have some comments/ideas on that, I am here ...

PS: In November 2017 I returned from a technical conference travel in Uzbekistan where I performed a 4-day ham radio seminar at TUIT university in Tashkent, https://tuit.uz/post/treningkurs, and also I had a conference tutorial lecture there, https://tuit.uz/post/icisct-2017, when I also talked about Linux, ham radio, etc.

Best regards,

Miroslav "Misko" Skoric, YT7MPB

--

conference tutorial instructor:

http://www.icisct2017uz.org/
http://cn.polsl.pl/
http://icrcicn.in/
http://www.comcas.org/
http://wocn2014.org/wtutorials.html
http://sdiwc.net/conferences/2014/iceee2014/tutorial/
http://www.juit.ac.in/ISPCC_2013/
http://www.buruniv.ac.in/ICCS-2013/index.html
http://www.sdiwc.net/thi/
http://www.sdiwc.net/kl/
http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2011
http://www.dirf.org/ndt2010
http://www.icact.org/
http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2009
http://www.iaria.org/conferences2008/ICWMC08.html
http://www.wseas.org/conferences/2008/greece/education/
http://www.wseas.us/conferences/2009/rodos/education
http://eurocon2007.isep.pw.edu.pl/index.php?id=tutorials.php
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/FBB.html

workshop / visiting lecturer:

Tashkent University of Information Technologies, Uzbekistan
Rzeszów University of Technology, Rzeszów, Poland
Thapar University, Patiala, India
RCC Institute of Information Technology, Kolkata, India
GMRIT, Rajam, India
Science and Technology Museum, Trivandrum, India
ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad, India
IIITM Gwalior, India
SRM University, Chennai, India
Vardhaman College of Engineering, Hyderabad, India
GRIET, Hyderabad, India
NIT Surat, India
IIT, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Techno India NJR Institute of Technology, Udaipur, India
BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore, India
IIITM-K, Technopark, Trivandrum, India
BU, Bangkok, Thailand
IIUM, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

book chapter author:

Handbook of Research on Human Performance and Instructional Technology
ISBN: 978-1-60566-782-9; 678 pp; October 2009
Published under Information Science Reference, an imprint of IGI Global
http://www.igi-global.com/reference/details.asp?id=34814

Simulation in Computer Network Design and Modeling: Use and Analysis
ISBN: 978-1-46660-191-8; 582 pages; February 2012
Published by IGI Global, USA
http://www.igi-global.com/book/simulation-computer-network-design-modeling/58282

Wireless Networks and Security: Issues, Challenges and Research Trends
ISBN: 978-3-642-36168-5; 510 pages; February 2013
Published by Springer, Germany
http://www.springer.com/engineering/signals/book/978-3-642-36168-5

Handbook of Research on Progressive Trends in Wireless Communications and Networking
ISBN: 9781466651708; 592 pages; February 2014
Published by IGI Global, USA
http://www.igi-global.com/book/wireless-communications-networking/90600

Handbook of Research on Advanced Trends in Microwave and Communication
ISBN: 9781522507734; September 2016
Published by IGI Global, USA
http://www.igi-global.com/book/handbook-research-advanced-trends-microwave/149821