Re: updating the project ideas list

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 9:47 PM, Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> wrote:

  https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects/EasyGnuPG

One of its tasks is to make a Debian package for it.

Another thing is that the automated tests have been developed on an
Ubuntu environment. They have to be checked that they work well on
Debian as well (and maybe need to be fixed). This task is not listed
but it is related to the packaging task (you run the tests before making
the package).

I'm not well versed in any of these projects to suggest a better home
for them.

For projects that I have proposed I coudn't find a better home.

My assumption and/or preference would be that projects clearly related
to Debian or very directly beneficial to Debian be given first
consideration.  Maybe that's a reasonable expectation, maybe not.

Remember that the aim of GSoC is not just to get some work done for
the involved organization. In fact the work done by the students may be
totally useless and be throwed away. The main aim is to get students
involved with the communities.

Obviously, it also comes down to who will do the work, and I have made
no proposals this cycle or see myself being significantly involved this
cycle.

I invite you to become a mentor of this project:
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects/VirtualLtspServer

Dashamir