Re: contributing to debian - regarding

On 17/07/16 09:00, sabari rangan wrote:
> sir/madam,
>    I am student pursuing computer science engineering in India. I
> would like to contribute to debian. I am good at python. could you
> please help me how to get started with it.

Hi Sabari,

Are you based near any of the students working on RTC projects this year?

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2016/RTCProjects

A few Python tasks come to mind, let me know if you find any of these
interesting:

- enhancing SysLogNagiosBridge to support RFC 5424
https://github.com/dpocock/syslog-nagios-bridge

- we recently discussed block alignment on debian-devel, I created a
wiki about it, would you want to write a Python script to help check
things suggested in the wiki?
https://wiki.debian.org/DiskBlockAlignment

Regards,

Daniel