GSoC week 5

HI all,

Week 5 is over and here is what has been going on:

The haskell-src-exts is what is causing the problem with the building of the which the haskell_hoogle package. Looking at the log, it seems to be a memory problem because the relocation fails (mips64el arch.).

Last lines of the log before crash:
[24 of 24] Compiling Language.Haskell.Exts ( src/Language/Haskell/Exts.hs, dist-ghc/build/Language/Haskell/Exts.p_o )
.
.
.
ghc_8.hc:(.text+0x8e4): additional relocation overflows omitted from the output collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/hlibrary.mk:147: recipe for target 'build-ghc-stamp' failed make: *** [build-ghc-stamp] Error 1 dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build-arch gave error exit status 2

I had a hard time figuring out the source of the problem. After many searchs and much reading, I am pretty sure it is a problem with the GHC linker failing to do something with the object files. What is peculiar is that this problem is caused when using a specific MIPS relocating type (
R_MIPS_GOT_DISP) which I dont know anything about. I will have to gain expertise on the knowledge on the matter to be able to see what the problem might be.

I also have been starting to keep track of all the documentation i am reading along the way for my report and to make a guide for future interns or whoever might be interested in helping with packages.

See you next week!