GSoC 2016 Week 1 and 2: SmartInfo

Hi,

Welcome in my first and second report (sorry to be a little bit late).

The community was really good, I talked with a lot of people from all around the world. All that projects are just awesome and I am happy to be part of this.

For this first week, I provided a list of all information I need to pull in my client (this list is subject to change a little bit):

-Call ID

-Resolution of the camera of all the people connect to the call

-Percentage of loosing frame

-Bandwidth (upload + download)

-Name of Codecs using on the conversation

-Time to contact the other person

-The security level

-Performance using by Ring (RAM + CPU)

I am trying to figure out how work the Ring project.

-Understand the external exchange by using Wireshark to catch some important packages.

-Understand the internal exchange between the daemon and clients on the D-Bus by using Bustle

I created my architecture program on the daemon and the D-Bus. [1] You can call the method launchSmartInfo(int x) from the D-Bus (by using D-Feet for example). That will call SmartInfo signal all x ms. This signal can only push an int for the moment, but he will push all the information we want on the clients.

I actually work on the Ring GNU Linux client. So I learn how work the QT and GTK+.

[1] https://github.com/Gasuleg/Smartlnfo-Ring (I will stop update this repository because I will push my code on the Gerrit draft of Savoir Faire Linux. It's more easy for my team to do some commentary on that platform and it's free software)

Olivier Grégoire (Gasuleg)