Re: LibreOffice 6 on Jessie Backports ?

Le 21/02/2018 à 13:34, Rene Engelhard a écrit :
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 11:41:59AM +0100, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
LibreOffice 6 is a great improvement from the current 5.2 release of
LibreOffice available in the jessie-backports repository. Thousand of bugs

Which is what follows backports policy.

https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/#index4h2

Thank you for sharing this.

have been fixed and accessibility for visual-impaired has been greatly
improved.

Debian Jessie is officially supported by the Debian project until June 2018

Yes. That doesn't mean one sticks "random" new packages in there or into
jessie-backports.

Right point.

I ask you that so late because regular users  ask the same to me. They rely
only on the Debian repository.

Just use stretch and stretch-backports (which DOES have a Libreoffice 6
backport)?

They're packages not fully compatible with Stretch, for example the Compiz screen magnifier. It's also not always simple to migrate people in professional context from Jessie to Stretch.

LibreOffice 6 would be something for jessie-backports-sloppy if at all,
but I don't believe it would be worth the effort...

Do you think providing the package into jessie-backports-sloppy could break or make the migration to Stretch more difficult? If yes, I think providing a new LibreOffice is not a good idea. If not, it'll be really use for users to have a new LibreOffice available.

Best regards,
Alex ARNAUD.