Re: LibreOffice 6 on Jessie Backports ?

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 11:41:59AM +0100, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
> LibreOffice 6 is a great improvement from the current 5.2 release of
> LibreOffice available in the jessie-backports repository. Thousand of bugs

Which is what follows backports policy.

https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/#index4h2

> have been fixed and accessibility for visual-impaired has been greatly
> improved.
>
> Debian Jessie is officially supported by the Debian project until June 2018

Yes. That doesn't mean one sticks "random" new packages in there or into
jessie-backports.

> Could it be possible for you to release new LibreOffice versions at least
> until the end of June?
>
> I ask you that so late because regular users  ask the same to me. They rely
> only on the Debian repository.

Just use stretch and stretch-backports (which DOES have a Libreoffice 6
backport)?

LibreOffice 6 would be something for jessie-backports-sloppy if at all,
but I don't believe it would be worth the effort...

Regards,

Rene