Re: Backporting Libreoffice to Ubuntu Precise

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 11:44:48AM +0100, Daniel Dehennin wrote:
> I may was confused by the Ubuntu branches in the Debian git repository ;-)

Yeah, they exists purely for ease of merge, cherry-pick etc...

> > Unneeded. It's set by dpkg (unless Ubuntu broke it), regardless of whether you want to build
> > for more or just amd64 that line is severly wrong.
>
> We will build only for AMD64, but I made some tests to see what got

Which is still irrelevant. Just build on amd64 and you're done. You
don't need to reset OOO_ARCHS. That just says what archs are theorectically
supported. Not the current build arch.

> > for example?
>
> One example is for GSTREAMER:
>
>     USE_GSTREAMER=y
>     ifeq "$(WHEEZY_BACKPORT)" "y"
>       GSTREAMER_VERSION=0.10
>     else
>       ifeq "$(PRECISE_BACKPORT)" "y"
>         GSTREAMER_VERSION=0.10
>       else
>         GSTREAMER_VERSION=1.0
>       endif
>     endif
[...]
> > I've also noticed some ifeqs not working, for wheezy-backports I added # hacks then...

Yes, that is one of them.

> I'm not a Makefile expert, but I think there is some issues with the two
> flavours of variables[2].
[...]
> [2]  https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/make/manual/html_node/Flavors.html#Flavors

Will have a look. Works (mostly - I have a other weird bug which might or
might not related, though) on sid, though so it's only important for the
ocassional backport and not for day-to-day maintainance... Patches
welcome ;)

Regards,

Rene