Re: Backporting Libreoffice to Ubuntu Precise

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 04:45:31PM +0100, Daniel Dehennin wrote:
> I looked at the alioth ubuntu-saucy-4.1 branch to understand how things
> are done.

And why are you asking here, then? :)
This is Debian, not Ubuntu.

If you were building on wheezy/from the Debian branch, maybe, but...

> My first idea was to add a “Distro-specific overrides” in the same way
> there is a “WHEEZY_BACKPORT”:
>
>     ifneq "$(shell dpkg-parsechangelog | awk '/^Distribution/ { print $$2 }')" "precise"
>       BUGS=mailto:eole@ac-dijon.fr
>       000_ARCHS=amd64

Unneeded. It's set by dpkg (unless Ubuntu broke it), regardless of whether you want to build
for more or just amd64 that line is severly wrong.

>       SYSTEM_STUFF := $(filter-out libcmis libcdr clucene libmspub libmwaw libodfgen mdds liblangtag orcus harfbuzz libwpd libwps libwpg redland, $(SYSTEM_STUFF))
>       PRECISE_BACKPORT=y
>     endif
>
> I added some “ifeq "$(PRECISE_BACKPORT)" "y"/endif” to generate a
> correct debian/control but I'm stuck with some undefined
> "$(PRECISE_BACKPORT)", resulting in incorrect dependencies in the

for example?

> generated debian/control.

I assume precise is correct in debian/changelog.

> After a day of looking how things works, I wonder if there is any
> best-practices to make a backport package?

I've also noticed some ifeqs not working, for wheezy-backports I added # hacks then...

Regards,

Rene