Aw: LibreOffice jar's: maven meta data

Hi,

> In the last discussion
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2013/08/msg00167.html
> it was said that Debian should not include the pom.xml's since upstream doesn't
> ship them either. I talked with the upstream developer of my LibreOffice
> extension and he said it is logical that Libreoffice doesn't ship pom.xml files;
> Maven is not their build system.

Good. :)

> When you package a Maven program, you have to make sure that each of your java
> dependencies ships Maven meta informaation and since we have a "offline maven
> repository" in Debian under /usr/share/maven-repo, it is a part of Debians
> repository. So it makes in my opinion sense to add pom.xml files to
> libreoffice-java-common.

AFAICS this is not LibreOffices problem

If people use maven for stuff where they *know* that stuff they rely on has no maven
information *they* need to get around that and/or not use maven.
There's "simple" ant etc, too without needing POMs.

It's IMHO not the case that the peeople who don't have the POMs because
they don't need it care for the person who has choosen using maven.

> Please consider adding the meta information.

And maintaining it myself?

Regards,

Rene