Re: LO crash at start

On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 12:49:58AM +0100, Sulyok Attila wrote:
> I met a crash of LibreOffice after upgrading to 3.5.4+dfsg-2.

libreoffice (1:3.5.4+dfsg-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * use xz compression for all binary packages (closes: #687041)

 -- Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>  Sun, 09 Sep 2012 14:45:20 +0200

Honestly, no, I don't believe that this version introuduced this bug.
It just changes the internal compression of the .deb.

Did KDE stuff get upgaded at the same time? Maybe some of them cause it?

> immediately.
> After a second start, it tried to recover the empty crashed document, but it
> crashed again.

Backtrace?

> Conditions: KDE according to wheezy (4.8.4).

"Normal" theme or something special?

> Finally, I managed to localize the guilty package: libreoffice-kde.
> After uninstalling this package, LO worked fine.
> I repeated a few times the cycle installing/removing  libreoffice-kde with the
> same result. LO worked well only if libreoffice-kde was not installed.

so KDE-specifics...

Regards,

Rene