Setting global custom OOo registry options - possible?

Hi,
I maintain an in-house debian based livecd distribution which is run
on the desktops in my workplace.
In order to handle the live environment, I need to change some of the
OOo registry keys to affect default save/backup locations etc [1].
In the past I have just used a fairly blunt force 'dump working
profile in new users dir' approach, however this is not particularly
easy to maintain.

I'm hoping that the debian openoffice packages implement something
similar to iceweasel for example - I can dump a <file>.js with iw
about:config keys into /etc/iceweasel/pref/ which will be pulled into
the default user profile on creation.

I've had a poke through /etc/openoffice/*, there is an sofficerc but I
can't seem to find much documentation on it, asides from people
talking about hiding the eula and logo (which is kind of self
documented in the rc file)
Is there any mechanism I can make use of here to tweak specific keys?

Thanks,
Bernie

[1]: specifically:
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Paths.xcu
and potentially others such as company name etc