Re: Setting global custom OOo registry options - possible?

Hi,

Bernard Gray wrote:
> on the desktops in my workplace.
> In order to handle the live environment, I need to change some of the
> OOo registry keys to affect default save/backup locations etc [1].
> In the past I have just used a fairly blunt force 'dump working
> profile in new users dir' approach, however this is not particularly
> easy to maintain.
>
> I'm hoping that the debian openoffice packages implement something
> similar to iceweasel for example - I can dump a <file>.js with iw
> about:config keys into /etc/iceweasel/pref/ which will be pulled into
> the default user profile on creation.

AFAIK you should also be able to do that if you put it into the registry, too
- unfortunately it is in /usr/lib, so assuming you change a file it'll
be overwritten on the next upgrade sice ...

> I've had a poke through /etc/openoffice/*, there is an sofficerc but I

... ad you noticed there's nothing of the "real" "config in /etc. That
would cause too much headache...

> can't seem to find much documentation on it, asides from people
> talking about hiding the eula and logo (which is kind of self
> documented in the rc file)

That's the only settings in that file anyway :)

> Is there any mechanism I can make use of here to tweak specific keys?

I'd personally create a "extension" with the config, see
the openoffice.org-ctl-he package for an example. No complete oxt-extension
but enough to change config.

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73