Re: OOo2 backport to Sarge

Hi,

Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> > Which is broken, too. Are we Ubuntu? no. we are Debian so the sarge
> > clause has to be in the Debian clause otherwise it has no effect because
> > on Debian the Debian clause will be used. Always.
> No, look carefully, I put it in the else clause of the 'ifeq "$(DIST)"
> "Ubuntu"'. So, if it is Ubuntu, it does not even try to check if it is
> Sarge.
> And there is no Debian clause here.

Ah, sorry. You are right. My bad. Moved up.

> I wondered to be able to help with the backport as soon as possible.
> That's why I also ask where I could get the sources in the meantime.

Well, the backport is mainly done already with -2.
I just need to build and test it...

> > I am already doing one (which I can do with -2 already). Give people
> > some time to actually build/try/test it...
> I want to participate, and I will apparently use a slightly different
> one, because I will probably try to remove the dependency to KDE also.

Why? :) Let the users decide whether they will use KDE :)
That stuff is perfectly buildable on sarge; the versioned builddep just
is for forcing to built against the C++-transitioned KDE in sid.

> If you could send me the latest debian/rules, I could work for myself on it.

Well, there are already changes for -3 in there. And I don't really like
backports of unofficial/still-in-development stuff since that then
differs from the normal packages they are supposed to be backported
from.

Regards,

Rene