Re: Swedish myspell packages

Hi,

Hans Öfverbeck wrote:
> >2. We were asked by the ftpmasters not to create such small hyphenation
> >  packages alone [2].  How about creating a single package that
> >  includes both the dictionary and hyphenation, calling it
> >  myspell-sv-se and in addition,
> >  Provides: openoffice.org-hyphenation-sv, openoffice.org-hyphenation?
> >

> Shouldn't it provide: openoffice.org-hyphenation-sv-se aswell ?

Doesn't hurt but is not really necessary..
The Provides: is there to being able to suggest / recommend the right
dictionaries / haphenations. --l10n-sv therefore only suggests -dv and
there is no need for this provide.
You would need it if there was an old package in Debian or somewhere
and you have that rename/merge, you would need that
Replaces:/Cconflicts:/Provides: magic. But that is not the case here.

But I would hold off to package -hyphenation-* (and therefore add the
Provides: of it) as long as we haven't thought out an solution
how we are going to handle that stuff yet. We are going to discuss it
with James, but I think he has other things to do right now so it will
take some days...

> >3. I guess this was to make the dictionary work with Mozilla?
> >
> > myspell-sv-1.3.8-6/debian$ cat myspell-sv-se.links
> > /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv_SE.aff /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv-SE.aff
> > /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv_SE.dic /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv-SE.dic
> >

> No, this was because the dsdt-policy draft says so:
> http://dict-common.alioth.debian.org/dsdt-policy.html#installdir

... which was written so to make it working with mozilla, too. This is
just one way. I tested the symlink method (which I prefer since that
makes installing the dicts easier with dh_install)..
Another point is that all people know the names and installing - _may_
confuse users...

> >  OOo does not need you to call the dictionary sv_SE.dic - I suggest you
> >  install it with the filename that Mozilla requires and change
> >  myspell-sv-se.dictlistinfo to read 'DICT sv SE sv-SE'.  That way you do
> >  not need the links.
> >

> What I tried to describe earlier is that it doesn't work correctly with
> mozilla even with these symlinks, contrary to what
> http://spellchecker.mozdev.org/installation.html#dictionaries lead me to
> believe. If I make symlinks
>
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv.aff
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv.dic
>
> then "Swedish" becomes an option in the spellcheck dialog, this could
> however conflict with a Finno-Swedish package.

Hmm.

There may be a possibility of mozilla not supporting sv-* (note the
-). It works for almost all the dicts which came around me, though..

> I'm not sure if the differences between sv_SE and sv_FI are large enough to
> justify two different packages, so maybe there is no real risc for
> conflict. The fact that mozilla understands "sv" but not "sv_SE" can
> perhaps be taken as an indication that the mozilla developers consider the
> difference small.

Maybe...

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73