Re: Swedish myspell packages

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 22:57, Hans Öfverbeck wrote:
> I have made deb's of the Swedish myspell package (spell check and
> hyphenation, no thesaurus) from http://sv.speling.org/files/
> The files can be found at
> http://www.maths.lth.se/matematiklu/personal/hans/debian/
> The debianization is more or less copied from the
> openoffice.org-dictionaries source package.
> I have tested the packages together with OOo 1.1.0-2 and it works
> fine. Together with mozilla 1.5-3 the spell checking works, but
> "Swedish" isn't an option in the dialog, you'll have to choose sv_SE
> or sv-SE.
> I would appreciate if someone would like to sponsor the packages so
> that they can make their way into debian eventually.

Sure, thanks for making the packages.  I have a few points:

1. Please file an ITP for your packages as documented in [1]

2. We were asked by the ftpmasters not to create such small hyphenation
   packages alone [2].  How about creating a single package that
   includes both the dictionary and hyphenation, calling it
   myspell-sv-se and in addition,
   Provides: openoffice.org-hyphenation-sv, openoffice.org-hyphenation?

3. I guess this was to make the dictionary work with Mozilla?

  myspell-sv-1.3.8-6/debian$ cat myspell-sv-se.links
  /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv_SE.aff /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv-SE.aff
  /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv_SE.dic /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv-SE.dic

   OOo does not need you to call the dictionary sv_SE.dic - I suggest you
   install it with the filename that Mozilla requires and change
   myspell-sv-se.dictlistinfo to read 'DICT sv SE sv-SE'.  That way you do
   not need the links.

Thanks,
Chris

[1] http://www.de.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-newpackage