Re: Russian myspell dictionary package (for OpenOffice)

Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> > Is the licensing suitable to upload to the Debian archive?
>
> The license states:
>
> Permission to use, copy, redistribute is granted.  Permission to
> redistribute modifications in patch form is granted.  Permission
> to redistribute binaries made of modified sources is granted.
> All other rights reserved.
>
> Is that acceptable?

Looks OK so far.

> > 2. We were asked by the ftpmasters not to create such small hyphenation
> >    packages alone [2].  How about creating a single package that
> >    includes both the dictionary and hyphenation, calling it
> >    myspell-sv-se and in addition,
> >    Provides: openoffice.org-hyphenation-sv, openoffice.org-hyphenation?
>
> If the same package really works in mozilla, perhaps people who don't use OO
> will want to install it. Is it really correct to merge OO-only files
> (hyphenation) with not-OO-only stuff (the dictionary)?

That is what we are just discussing ;)

> > 3. I guess this was to make the dictionary work with Mozilla?
> >
> >   myspell-sv-1.3.8-6/debian$ cat myspell-sv-se.links
> >   /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv_SE.aff /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv-SE.aff
> >   /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv_SE.dic /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv-SE.dic
>
> Should I do the same?

Well, either way is possible. You could rename the file for OOo and
make that symlink or rename the file to be named with the - and change
the entry for dictionary.lst.
/me still prefers the symlink

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73