Re: Russian myspell dictionary package (for OpenOffice)

> On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 13:14, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
>> By the way, some time ago I've created myspell-ru package with russian
>> myspell dictionary. For anyone interested, it is available from
>> http://zigzag.lvk.cs.msu.su/debian/sid/myspell-ru_20030821-1_all.deb
>>
>> However, I don't know what to do with it next.
>
> Can you provide a source package?

I will try to

> Is the licensing suitable to upload to the Debian archive?

The license states:

Permission to use, copy, redistribute is granted.  Permission to
redistribute modifications in patch form is granted.  Permission
to redistribute binaries made of modified sources is granted.
All other rights reserved.

Is that acceptable?

> Maybe some of the points I wrote today about the Swedish spellcheck
> package might apply to you, too.

> 1. Please file an ITP for your packages as documented in [1]

I'll do if the license is acceptable.

> 2. We were asked by the ftpmasters not to create such small hyphenation
>    packages alone [2].  How about creating a single package that
>    includes both the dictionary and hyphenation, calling it
>    myspell-sv-se and in addition,
>    Provides: openoffice.org-hyphenation-sv, openoffice.org-hyphenation?

If the same package really works in mozilla, perhaps people who don't use OO
will want to install it. Is it really correct to merge OO-only files
(hyphenation) with not-OO-only stuff (the dictionary)?

However, if it is required, the package should be merged with
openoffice.org-hyphenation-ru, currently maintained by Debian OpenOffice
Team <debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org> - that is, by you :).

> 3. I guess this was to make the dictionary work with Mozilla?
>
>   myspell-sv-1.3.8-6/debian$ cat myspell-sv-se.links
>   /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv_SE.aff /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv-SE.aff
>   /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv_SE.dic /usr/share/myspell/dicts/sv-SE.dic

Should I do the same?

Nikita

P.S.
Please CC replies to my e-mail. I am not subscribed.