Re: OpenOffice for Debian PowerPC testing?

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 19:47, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:

> So go to ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/software/openoffice/
> and grab that ppc linux installer.  It should function fine on a Debian
> system.

	Thanks, will try now.  I hope it doesn't corrupt my Debian purity... no
kidding, I really like being FSF-holy.

> You can also grab the Balckdown jre (or jdk) 1.3.1 to use with it (and to
> provide the mozilla java plugin for systems with mozilla built with gcc
> 3.2.X

	Hm, this would sure conspurcate everything... but, is there any reason
why it's not in the non-free section?  Or why Kaffe doesn't build for
PowerPC?

	Or more to the point, is it really necessary or desirable to use OOo,
and why?

--
  _   Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra    +41 (21) 648 11 34
 / \  Lausanne, Vaud, Suisse                    +41 (78) 778 11 34