Re: OO 1.0.2 backported to woody

Hi Adrian,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 01:15:22AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> I've backported OpenOffice.org 1.0.2 to woody and added these packages
> to a larger collection of packages I do maintain [1].

What exactly is the reason for putting another set of packages into
circulation?  Were you unhappy with the existing backports, or were you
unaware of them?

I've now released -2, which includes several changes to make the packages
adapt automatically to the distro they are built on:

openoffice.org (1.0.2-2) unstable; urgency=low
  * Make the package build without modification on Woody:
    + Build-Depends: g++ (>=3.2.2) | g++-3.2 | g++-3.0 [!powerpc]
    + Automatically detect whether to use gcc. gcc-3.2 or gcc-3.0 as compiler
    + Make memmgr.cxx patch needed for gcc-3.0 conditional.
      New patch: 907_gcc3.0_memmgr
    + Remove libstdc++ from MANIFEST lists, since this is not used and the
      filename is different on Woody

However, there is one remaining item to do before making these available for
Woody:  We are using the Debian libfreetype again, but packages compiled
with the libfreetype in Woody will not work properly with the libfreetype in
sarge/unstable, so the dependencies need to be fixed to limit the
libfreetype version.  Please do not upload packages without making sure of
this.

> These packages are only lightly tested, any comments are welcome.

If you don't have a lot of time to test them, why don't you use our
backports instead?

Thanks,