Re: How to set up multilingual OO including arabic?

> although we are still running OOo 1.0.3/1.0.4 in a production
> environment I wonder how future versions handle multilingual
> environments.
>
> Is there a generic way to install different nationalized versions of OOo
> in parallel with some kind of wrapper that invokes the correct version
> according to the locale settings of the user?
It's already the case for a *loooong* time in Debian. Just install the
openoffice.org-l10n-fr and openoffice.org-help-fr packages and you get
the French support (if your locale is a kind of French, you'll see it
immediately for interface and help).

What is harder is to select amoung the interface and help languages once
logged in. But why would you want to do that? You usually only want the
dictionaries changed.

--
Jérôme Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net>
BeezNest s.à r.l.