Re: How to set up multilingual OO including arabic?

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 09:32:15AM -0700, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:01:06 +0100
> From: CPH <CPHennessy@openoffice.org>
> To: users@openoffice.org
> Subject: Re: [users] How to set up multilingual OO including arabic?
>

> On Wednesday 22 October 2003 02:17, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Am running Debian Sid and have installed their 1.1.0-1, including
> > several language support packages for my polyglot wife. Now I am at a
> > loss of how to make ooffice work such that she can choose between
> > Arabic, Spanish, Turkish, French, German or English at startup. I have
> > searched the google archives for this but haven't come across anything
> >
> > Please help me out or she will have to go back to Evil Empire ware ...
> > brrrrrr!
> >
> > Thanks, Joh
>
> Joh, I think that your problem is debian specific, so I hope that
> debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org can help you.

although we are still running OOo 1.0.3/1.0.4 in a production
environment I wonder how future versions handle multilingual
environments.

Is there a generic way to install different nationalized versions of OOo
in parallel with some kind of wrapper that invokes the correct version
according to the locale settings of the user?

TIA
Helmut

 Helmut Lichtenberg    <heli@tzv.fal.de>   Tel. +49 (0)5034/871-128
 Institut für Tierzucht           31535 Neustadt            Germany