compile freeze for openoffice.org 1.1.0

I tried to compile openoffice.org 1.1 from debian site and it freezed during compilation. The following is where the compilation stopped:

# add the splashscreen with the Debian logo
uudecode debian/openintro_debian.xcf.uu > \
        debian/openintro_debian.xcf && \
        xvfb-run debian/scripts/xcftobmp debian/openintro_debian.xcf && \
        cp debian/openintro_debian.bmp offmgr/res/openintro_debian.bmp

In fact, it stopped at
"xvfb-run debian/scripts/xcftobmp debian/openintro_debian.xcf"
and tried to open gimp1.2, then just stay there forever.

Could you please give me any hints about it or help me to use other method instead of using gimp1.2? The version of gimp 1.2 and gimp1.2-perl is 1.2.3-2.

Your early reply will be appreciated.

Emily