openoffice.org 1.1.0 compile freeze

I tried to build openoffice.org 1.1.0 and it is freezing during the following command:

uudecode debian/openintro_debian.xcf.uu > \
       debian/openintro_debian.xcf && \
       xvfb-run debian/scripts/xcftobmp debian/openintro_debian.xcf && \
       cp debian/openintro_debian.bmp offmgr/res/openintro_debian.bmp

In fact, it stay there forever when it try to run
"xvfb-run debian/scripts/xcftobmp debian/openintro_debian.xcf" which envoke the gimp. I installed gimp1.2 and gimp1.2-perl version 1.2.3-2.

Could you please help me to figure out how to make it work or use the other method instead of calling gimp to do same thing? Your early reply will be appreciated.

Emily