Java Support

Hi

I got version 1.1.0-1 installed and I was unable to get support for
docbook. I think this is because I couldn't get java to work. I run
jvmsetup multiple times and it told me that it found a java-environment.
But finally it did not work. I would like to know what the current
status with openoffice and java in debian is and how I can easily check
if I got java-support when running the openoffice-binary. I would really
like to have docbook-support in my debian system, even if I have to
install a non-free binary like a java-vm.