Re: OpenOffice freezes Woody on startup

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 11:01:31AM -0400, Adam Kessel wrote:
>I installed OpenOffice (both the "testing" and "unstable" versions from the
>olemiss.edu mirror) on a brand-new Woody installation on a Sony VAIO. After
>showing the splash screen, it brings up the window for importing an address
>book from Netscape, and the entire system freezes. It appears that OO is
>taking up 100% of the CPU; sometimes you can change to console and kill the
>process but usually you can't do anything: ctrl-alt-backspace/del, ssh from
>outside, etc.. Typically I just have to power off the system.

1. What further Hardware do you have? There are known Issues with Savage
graphicboards, please look into README of the debian-openoffice.org
package.
2. try to run openoffice with 'SAL_DEBUG="gdb" openoffice' and
'SAL_DEBUG="strace -f openoffice"' and mail us the output ;)

	Regards
			Jan
--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..