Re: Development branch builds of OO

Hi ..

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 01:41:02PM +0200, Ira Abramov wrote:
>- when are the openoffice packages making their way to the main branches
>  of sarge/sid?

We tried to upload, but the package was rejected ...
6 will have the next try to get into debian, but first in Sid ...

>- How about a package of the latest weekly build (like the daily build
>  of wine)? the latest development build has support for BiDi (Hebrew
>  and Arabic) which many people will be happy to start experimenting
>  with, but are not savvy enough to build the source tree themselves.

Building a OpenOffice.org package take much (at least for me), round
about 26h on my IBook and 8h with ccache and no ABI-Changes in
binutils/libc/gcc.

So, building a package takes much time :(.

But Working on our bugs takes much time, too, so we are building new
packages with fixed bugs .... :)

>- how about integration into Gnome? at the moment I see it's only
>  appearing in the general "debian" menus, and I have to add it as
>  handler manually to open word docs from Evolution and such tools.

We have Gnome menus and icons already. Which version are you running?

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..