Splitting the package.

Its huge! over 60 Mb for each platform! We have already put 130Mb plus
source into the archive!

I suggest 3 splits

openoffice.org
openoffice.org-doc
openoffice.org-common
openoffice.org-gallery

openoffice.org is the main package that contains the platform dependant
files it depends on OOo-common and recommends OOo-doc and OOo-gallery

OOo-doc is the docs ;-) this is basically the help files split out.

OOo-gallery is the clipart and backgrounds but not the applications

OOo-common is the rest! All platform independent

Other options could be OOo-printers containing all the printer drivers
and OOo-templates with all the templates, OOo-java containing the java
files.

What does everybody think? I dont think that we want to split it up to
much but getting some of the bulkier items into separate downloads that
are both common across all platforms and dont need to be downloaded
every update could help I think. Then we could do OOo_1.0-5 depends on
OOo-common >= 1.00-3.

If we can agree what is needed then I will look into it further.

john

--
John Cooper                     |Phone 0114 223 3052
Your Senior IT Administrator    |Fax   0114 290 9192