re: ttf font troubles

Tim,
   I don't see that problem here with msttcorefonts. I didn't do anything
with the printer admin utility to make Verdana show up. Just installing
mssttcorefonts and letting it download/install the fonts was sufficient
for them to appear in the fonts menu of openoffice.org-1.0.0-3. I can
get Verdana to do bold, italic, underline and all combinations of those
without problem.
   The only complaint I have about msttcorefonts is that it currently
doesn't cleanly deinstall itself.
               Jack