Re: Gnome menu items

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 09:50:55AM +0100, John M Cooper wrote:
> The other option is to put the application .desktop items directly in
> /usr/share/gnome/apps/Applications/ and the print admin and setup
> .desktop items in /usr/share/gnome/apps/Settings/OpenOffice.org
> directory.

Yes, that would be better.  See debian/rules for how I did it for KDE -
unfortunately the paths need editing in the files too.

Another alternative, as Andrew McMillan suggested, is to use the Debian menu
system.  I'm looking a volunteer to write these - I'm working on the
startup scripts and bugs in OOo itself, so this won't get looked at for a
while by me!

Thanks,
Chris Halls | Frankfurt, Germany