Re: OO and failure to install

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 08:47:28PM -0700, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

> First, a familiar SO like screen appears followed by a generic x screen.
> Nothing is displayed on the generic x screen.  After 10 minutes of "wonder if
> anything will happen," I kill the x screen thereby launching a small x
> (unlabeled) screen with two unmarked buttons. . . . I assume the two buttons
> are "cancel install," "resume install".  I click the left one and the screens
> go away.

OpenOffice.org issue 1872...
Try some of the fixes they suggest, if it doesn't help, add a comment and
complain ;-)

This is a fairly old bug, not Debian specific, and it's reportedly even
still there in their own 1.0 builds. Apparently they cared more to get that
release out than to fix this bug...

Regards,

Filip

--
"There are two major products that come from Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't
 believe this to be a coincidence."