Re: oo post install setup failure

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 10:03:08PM -0700, Maryellen Gibson kf6kad wrote:
> I still don't see my post from yesterday evening in the archive.

Nor did I :)

> After the installation, I cd'd into:
> Dir=/usr/lib/openoffice/program
> Where I ran:
> ./setup
>
> The splash screen came up, and I started the installation (already further
> than the Woody attempt).  It created a new directory in my user directory.
> Then a warning appears, saying it failed trying to copy an xpm to the new
> directory.  This continues for some time, but then it started failing to move
> non-xpm files.  I stopped and cancelled the install at that point.

Please do the following:

rm -r .sversionrc .openoffice
openoffice

This will start the debian package autoinstall.

If you get a Java error, edit /etc/openoffice/autoresponse.conf and change
JavaSupport=preinstalled_or_none to

JavaSupport=none

then again, do the rm and run openoffice.

You will see a load of errors about .kde2 file copies, but these can be
ignored for now.

Sorry about these problems.  Now the dependency issues are sorted the next
wave of problems are comming to light.

Chris Halls | Frankfurt, Germany